A web host company on its initial stage has very limited resources and a tight budget. A lot of companies often struggle in finding prospective clients and convincing them to sign up for their services. But marketing and promotions are two important aspects for a business’ survival. There are brand promotional techniques that actually do not require a lot of money but you might rather need to invest a lot of time and money.
Affiliate marketing is considered to be one of the basic and affordable forms of promoting your company. Internet marketers or affiliates will serve as the link between your company and prospective customers that are looking for web hosting services. The principle is that affiliates are utilized in order to drive traffic to your site. Find interested affiliates with good traffic by searching online. Use search terms that are related to your products and services. Choose affiliates that are on the top list and receives a good amount of web traffic.
The next part is where the challenge begins. Now as a business owner, your task is to convince these affiliates to promote your website. With careful planning and consideration, map out different deals that you can offer to prospective marketers. Affiliates are looking out for the best offer such as high commissions and other incentives. Make sure to match the offers from other companies. Remember that affiliates get a lot of proposals from various web hosting companies all wanting a better ad placement. Come up with deals that are too good to pass up and also a proposal that can easily get the attention of affiliate marketers.
Through this type of web marketing, the affiliates only get paid when a sale is made since it is usually on a commission basis which means there are no unnecessary expenses prior and during the entire course of the program. And since affiliate marketers have no means of tracking sales that are generated through their services, honesty and transparency should always be practiced by web hosting companies. The contract between these two parties should be well written, clear and fully explained to both sides. It also requires an open line of communication wherein developments, issues and suggestions can be discussed in a timely manner and for the benefit of both.
Affiliate marketing programs are designed to help web host companies find interested clients that will increase their profit. On the other hand, it also provides marketers with an opportunity to earn extra income.
A great part of a website’s success can be attributed to its type of web hosting. With the right hosting package, you’ll be able to maximize the resources available in order to fully promote the website online. The increasing demand for web host companies has paved the way for others to find another way to make money and that is through reseller hosting.
As the term implies, reseller web hosting is a type of hosting service where a user avails of a web host package and “resells” it to other consumers. The setup often involves large scale companies that sign up with hosting providers and they will lease these services to the smaller ones. People engage in the reselling business finds it as an effective way to earn money online and because of this a lot of people have become more interested in learning how reseller web hosting works and how they too can become resellers and start earning money.
The first step is market research. Do not jump the gun easily; educate yourself about web hosting and understand its different aspects. Search for web host providers and the type of packages that they offer along with its features and pricing. Compare rates from various companies and determine the ones that are profitable. There are also companies that offer discounted rates for resellers, inquire about these offers and use them to formulate the packages that you’ll offer for reselling.
Marketing and promotion also play a factor on the success of a hosting reseller. After coming up with the services to offer to prospective clients, make sure to have a marketing strategy that will prompt clients to sign up. It has to have a competitive edge over other resellers; what can make it a standout among the rest of resellers that might offer the same type of hosting packages? Customer service, quality of service and performance are some of the things that you’ll need to focus and improve on a constant basis.
Know the demands of the market and make the effort to accommodate them. Individuals and companies looking for web host providers often have a set of criteria that will help them determine the right one for their business. Disk space and bandwidth are two important aspects that customers consider in finding a good provider.
If you can provide customers with a good amount of disk space and bandwidth to clients that will allow them to keep their site up and running all the time, this will make them satisfied with your services and establish a good working relationship with them. Not only will this enable your business to retain current clients but also attract new ones to sign up for a web hosting plan.
Whether you’re looking for additional income or a full-time on-line business, creating a website that makes money could be the answer for you. If you want to start a website for profit, you’ll need to work hard to make it work. Running profitable websites isn’t as easy as some advertisements make it out to be. It takes serious dedication, time and commitment. However, if you follow through, you can begin to make extra money from your sites.
- Determine your business model. Websites earn money through a variety of business models–selling physical or informational products, receiving advertising revenue or charging readers a fee to read information. All models work, but it’s best to choose just one and stick to that model.
- Research your niche. In order to make a profit on a website as an individual, it’s best to choose a topic that is very specific. For example, for general health issues, you’ll find that large authority sites, such as WebMD, dominate the search results. You don’t want to compete with a site like this. If you want to create a site about health, you want to choose a specific ailment to focus on.
- Purchase a domain name and hosting. Your domain name should be simple and easy to remember. Choosing a name that includes words related to your main topic can help you to rank in the search engines. To start out, a simple web hosting plan with a monthly payment is all you need. This is the company that will store your files so people can view your website on-line.
- Design the website. If you don’t have designing experience, you can use a WYSIWYG–“what you see is what you get”–editor. This allows you to easily create the layout, change colors and adjust text without having to understand programming languages. To make things even easier, you can use a template, which will set the basic layout for you and you simply have to add text and images.
- Upload the website to your server. Use an FTP software to transfer files. Open up the FTP software and drag your files from your desktop to the software program. You’ll begin to see the files uploading.
- Bring traffic to your website. You won’t make money with your website if you don’t have any visitors. To get visitors to your site, you can pay for advertising, use search engine optimization or article and video marketing–putting your content on other websites with a link back to your site.
Even before you start the search for a web hosting provider, you need to consider the major aspects to help you choose the right hosting provider for you. Choosing a good web hosting provider guarantees smooth running of your website and minimizes down time and server-side problems too.
- Make a list of the hosting needs of your website before searching for a host. This includes technical requirements like server platform and hardware requirements, disk space needed, bandwidth requirements and other hosting features. Other features include compatibility with web authoring tools like Dreamweaver or FrontPage, support for video clips, and support for e-commerce activities.
- Research the reputation of each potential hosting service provider. Check user reviews to find what customers have to say about their experiences with the hosting provider.
- Evaluate reliability and scalability. The hosting provider should not only be reliable and fast, it should guarantee at least 99% uptime if not 99.5%. They should have a refund policy if they fail to provide the minimum speed guaranteed. Also, look for a service provider who is prepared for scalability. For example, if you want to increase your disk space, bandwidth or mySQL database, they should be able to do it without much problem.
- Require excellent technical support and services. The provider should have competent technicians available all 7 days a week round the clock to help resolve your problems in a timely fashion. You can gauge their responsiveness by sending them some general inquiry mails and noting the response time. A response time of less than 24 hours is okay, but anything more than a day is considered poor service. A good hosting provider should provide support systems like toll free numbers, 24/7 email support, live chat, an online knowledgebase, and helpful FAQs.
- Assess payment plan options. Determine if you will have to pay on a monthly, quarterly or yearly basis. Many hosting providers offer the option of monthly payment. In case you are not satisfied with their services, you can switch over to another provider after a month without having to worry about any refunds.